The aim of the SCRIBE project is to develop a network-based framework for assessing credit risk alongside related information products that exploit that framework. The objectives (and contributions) of the work are to develop:
- Network-based techniques for dynamically assessing the health status of SMEs in the context of their business ecosystems, evaluating their network characteristics/sophistication and identifying more accurately their credit risk.
- The technological and methodological artefacts necessary to support the framework, in the form of a: (a) Semantic data integration hub capable of storing and integrating big and/or open datasets of different origin and format; and (b) methodological (ontology-based) approach to underpin the semantic transformation and integration of the datasets.
- Exploitable information products in the form of: (a) real-time network credit risk assessment of SMEs; and (b) product matching (e.g., network-based cross-sell, up-sell and product tailoring).
- An evolutionary network model of past, present and predicted future UK business ecosystems.
- The legal recommendations necessary to ensure appropriate levels of privacy within the business ecosystems.
The deliverables arising and their relationships are illustrated in the following diagram: